Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lore interests...

Has NF made you more interest in the Guild Wars lore and NF lore in particular?

So far it has done this for me, I don't know why, but when I run around in Augury and I see the same pillars with lightgiving symbols in Elona (that underground outpost on the mainland; can't remember name hehe) I can't stop thinking how much i'm missing of the history and tales.

So right now i'm following Elona lore a bit in the hope i'll understand more of the why and how in the game and make it even MORE enjoyable.

Makes me smile to think that 9 months ago I really didn't look at those Augury pillars at all...being so nervous to ascend. Now I kinda look at them and smile, that we have come so far...who would have thought? And then I go to Elona and see so much stuff, it's amazing to think how much stuff i'm missing and since i'm curious and all, well... (but the real excuse you'll hear me use is the fact I need background information for a story i'm writing. )

I hereby thank the researchers and all the people who helped/are helping to give the information to those who don't have the time nor experience to do our own searching. Thank you alot.

So how about you? Did you get more curious about the lore or not?|||My enthusiasm for the lore began when I first discovered the Tyrian Alphabet during GW Beta and ever since. Now that Elona has come, as Factions has not really made any links to the Tyrian Lore, this gives us more to link up, including finding out who actually got to the Desert first, knowing who were the first humans to come about (Canthans) etc. My interest has been sparked more, but I have an invested interest in it all so I am pretty partial hehe.

As to those pillers, those depict the Ascension glyphs. 3 out of those 5 are actually the same found on the stones you step on to enter Augury Rock.|||Yes and no.

Yes, because NF gave a very different twist in the story.

And no, because [1] it closed the Old Gods Trilogy; and [2] it just raised more questions :p example:

SPOILER

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

SPOILER

How did Shiro ended up under Abaddon in NF? Unless what I was saying that the Mist guardians are followers of Abaddon, quoting "We know just what to do with you Shiro, we have a place for you." "You don't have to know, mortal, Shiro will be of used."|||PC Gamer article on NF did say that NF will help to explain some stuff we saw in first two Chapters and tie up some loose ends.|||To tell the truth, I always looked at them seperate, but now... idk. I'm just glad I'll get to understand more.

Abaddon's Mouth ... made me think of that when I heard that name.

meh, got up to late and now my brain is fried. But these are very exciting times for us all I guess: PvE, Lore, PvP... to say it like it all started out: For Ascalon!!! |||For the most part, while there were some connections Factions was seperate from Prophecies. It is not until NF do we actually seen any connections as int he lore, lands, races, etc to Tyria.|||Not actually.

Factions is connected to Prophecies every since the beginning. The humans in the Planet Tyria first landed on Cantha. It was years before a group of humans landed on the same year in the Continents of Tyria and Elona. So lore, all three are really connected.

Additionally, the Realm of Torment has been around since closed (alpha? and) beta of GW. In other words, they just pulled it out of Prophecies and decided to put it in C3 (which is Nightfall) instead.|||I am refering to more of the major story, yes Factions is part of the Prophecies Trilogy, but there had not been alot of architectual, object, building, etc connection to Tyria, which is what I specialize in until Nightfall.|||Quote:




Additionally, the Realm of Torment has been around since closed (alpha? and) beta of GW.




So....there were already people involving lore mastery since the alpha? Or is that just a well known fact among you people?

If they used stuff from the original GW they left out, it could also explain why this campaign feels more "alive" without any borders that shift or a great war...

Thanks for hinting that out. |||Not actually, since when testing a game, the lore will also change before final.

RoT of today is different from what it was before. But yep, the RoT world map and some zones where already in Prophecies before ;) I agree however that it was moved to Nightfall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment