Thursday, April 19, 2012

Official Guild Wars Wiki - Lore Section?

(I apologize to Quintus if this is in the wrong place. I got carried away when I saw the new Wiki.)

Arena Net is now hosting an official Guild Wars Wiki. On the main page there is even the link to a Lore section...That at the moment is non existance.

This forum has, by far, the greatest ammount of data on the Guild Wars lore I have ever seen. What would the contributors here think about adding all those excelent research to the official Wiki? I have the feeling that would be very interesting for the players that go there.

Erasculio|||I would say GO! SHARE!

but I'm not the biggest contributor here, but I do think everything should be shared :)|||I'd say "share" too, but (and it's a big but) ONLY things that have either been confirmed or are very highly likely (e.g. Quintus' Mursaat theories), and those should be marked clearly as "theory". Or the official Wiki's "Lore" section would swiftly turn into a Fan Fiction.|||Exactly, Sir Jack. ANet first needs to confirm or deny some of our theories before we mobilize here or anywhere else.|||Quote:






View Post

I'd say "share" too, but (and it's a big but) ONLY things that have either been confirmed or are very highly likely (e.g. Quintus' Mursaat theories), and those should be marked clearly as "theory". Or the official Wiki's "Lore" section would swiftly turn into a Fan Fiction.




And oh gods are we writers reprobates...|||Quote:






View Post

And oh gods are we writers reprobates...




Did it ever occur to you to add it to the wiki here for the community here to share?|||I myself contributed quite a bit to the Lore section of Guildwiki, and i'm going to be doing so here too i guess :D i'm working on the Storyline sections at the moment.|||Quote:






View Post

I myself contributed quite a bit to the Lore section of Guildwiki, and i'm going to be doing so here too i guess :D i'm working on the Storyline sections at the moment.




Thanks, that's good. A little support from the Lore community would go a way to making this feel like it's even worth having (lore forums and website as a whole for that matter)|||I haven't added anything to any wiki, here or otherwise, beyond some NPC descriptions or a spelling correction. Most of the theories and hypotheses here, while strong and backed by evidence, are not confirmed, and as such, I personally feel it'd be irresponsible to put them in an encyclopedic knowledge-base database where they will be presented as truth.

Elly makes a good point guys. If you add something somewhere, please help out GWO (the home of the Lore Forum, afterall) by contributing to our own wiki. I've had people claim to be working on it, but it never went anywhere beyond one or two articles.|||I don't think it will be a problem adding allot of subjects to the lore section on the official wiki. But most are theories and hypotheses, so a big fat disclaimer should be added about that (just like there are disclaimers on certain pages on wikipedia).

That being said, I hope that those of you who have made great contributions to the research of GW lore will share it on the official wiki for quick access to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment