Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lack of "epicness"?

Hello

I'd like to share my thoughts about the outposts\towns in Guild Wars...

Remembered the fancy cool-looking (pen and paper) artworks of GW before the initial release?

Ascalon-City (pre-searing) looks like Minas' Tirith from LOTR and Lion's Arch has the looks of a big city with skyscraper-like buildings...

When I first arrived there with my good ol' Warrior, I was a bit disappointed...

"Is this it? Where is the epicness from the beautiful concept arts?"

For me, Epicness means:

-A lot of buildings

-Closed areas (Accessible buildings and areas where a real "roof" exists etc.)

-Any other attractions which make the outposts\towns unique

I'm not sure if the Lore Forum is the right place to post this topic, but I couldn't find a better place...

Discuss|||imo, the cities are so big, there's no need to be inside any buildings.|||Quote:








imo, the cities are so big, there's no need to be inside any buildings.




Ever wondered about the merchants and traders standing all the time outside in the cold (Droks) trying to sell things to the player?

Traders, afaik, are indeed wealthy enough to invest some money into a small hut

and tbh, traders standing outside look really odd... |||Not Lore, I'm sending this to the Community Lounge.|||yeah i was rather disappointed by this too i was really hoping there would be huge cities with buildings you can actually enter instead even the biggest towns are little more than camps|||I dunno, if there were thousands of adventurers coming to my city, I'd be sure to lock my door too. The last thing I need are rangers trailing mud all over the place, warriors doing disco dances, or just the knowledge of assassins in my house... I've always thought the ability to just barge into someones house in an RPG was a little dumb...

Wait a second... do you think any of the female characters would ever come over? Hmm...
|||Just my two cents:

Firstly, I regret to say that I thought of an Enzyte commercial when I read the title of this post...

Secondly, I think that the town size is fine within reason. Concept art is almost always done far and above what's actually animated on screen. Its purpose is not to provide exact blueprints, but rather a source of guided inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment