Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hidden Rooms!!! Possible Dragon Art!!!

[:1]Today, I was doing the EotN entry quest.. to be able to get into the eye of the north expansion, I was wondering what was behind those closed doors that seemed to go nowhere. I zoomed in all the way on them so I could see through them.. this is what I found.







Thats the mural.







Thats a cavern I found behind one of those doors.



Imagine that!|||That mural is concept art from Factions. It's something covered in snakes and bugs, that seems to be in the Echovald Forest (by the background).

Here is the full concept art:

|||That's a pretty cool critter!|||Perhaps an early concept for Urgoz or some kind of warden god? Perhaps the warden or, possibly, even Kurzick conception of Melandru?

Nice find, by the way, Sinryu. Was this the entry quest starting from Kaineng, Lion's Arch or Kamadan?|||But do we know what the Factions art is? I think it kinda looks like a Redemtor. Also the things down there have studied us, if they didn't how couldn't make that mural.

The cavern is also pretty cool.

~Kinlo|||I don't think the murals are of a lore-standard to be honest. There are murals of concept arts from all 3 campaigns, and even from Utopia and GW2. I think the concept art pictures were chosen randomly.|||I always thought that was abbadon :)|||The image is called "Hydra" and has been around since Prophecies. An image of it is even available in the Prophecies manual, as cover art for the section "Villains" if I recall correctly.|||I have yet to check behnd every door also.|||Quote:






View Post

The image is called "Hydra" and has been around since Prophecies. An image of it is even available in the Prophecies manual, as cover art for the section "Villains" if I recall correctly.




There is no section called "Villains," in any of the manuscripts.

But I looked through the section covers, it's the cover for Book II: Chapter 3 Combat: Basic Training (page 111).

Interesting thing about the concept art and the cover in the Prophecies Manual... in the manual, there are no snakes from above the head like in the concept, or below the head.

And in the mural, the head is mirror image. Interesting >.>

No comments:

Post a Comment