Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Crystal Desert in GW2

[:1]So, I'll get straight to the point.

*Ancient Dragons lore related knowers hop in*

I was re-reading The Movement Of The World for the thousandth time, and something picked my curiosity.

No, no, this isn't a new topic, just a thing in which I made some speculation and would like you to comment it.

Regarding the Crystal Desert in GW2, we know that there will be a Desert Dragon (I'm not going to refer to it as 'Grothmar', since we have no confirmation that's him), as stated in the 'Order Of Whispers' section; and the 'Malchor'. It's stated *implied* in the last paragraph of the 'Orr' section that Malchor wages war against Palawa's undeads, so, I was wandering:

Which area does Malchor occupies in the Desert; which area does the Desert Dragon occupies, and how can Malchor wage war against Palawa if *speculation* his 'territorial zone' is only situated in Orr and not in the southeastern border that connects the Desert to the Desolation?

My guess is that Malchor controls the Orrian Peninsula all the way to the northern Elonian border; and that the Desert Dragon controls the lands North of the area controlled by Malchor. Thus the quotes:


Quote:








(..) the dragon's undead army wages war even now along the northern Elonian border(..)





Quote:








(..) and even maintain a presene in Elona, although crossing the Crystal Desert due to Palawa's stranglehold over the southern reaches and the desert dragon's presence in the northern desert.




Although the last one implies that Palawa managed to build a stranglehold in Tyria, probably in the Arid Sea, but the first one states that Malchor wages war in the 'northern Elonian border' and not in the 'southern reaches' of the Crystal Desert. Meh.|||For the last sentence, one could consider some if not all of the Crystal Desert (not including the Desolation which is a sub-region of the Crystal Desert) part of Elona. Much like Europe and Asia, Tyria and Elona has a sketchy boarder and can be considered names of two portions of one super-continent. Due to such, the "northern Elonian border" could cut in the middle of the Tyrian Crystal Desert by technical standing.

I'll make a map on where the forces control the area in a bit...

Edit:

Here we go:



Green=Desert Dragon

Blue=Orrian Dragon

Red=Joko

Boarders are just rough estimations of what I picture the control being.|||That's my guess to the borders also.

Although I would think that Malchor controled a little more of western territory.|||Here's my general outlook on the borders of Malchor's controlled area (green), Elona (gold), and as I've continually pointed out, nothing suggests the desert dragon, or Grothmar, if they are one in the same, has minions. Thus, simply a blue dot to represent the desert dragon/maybe Grothmar.

Zshomp.

As I was doing this though, it came to my attention that, if you were Palawa Joko, and you enjoy the irony of using your enemy's descendants in your army, wouldn't the ultimate irony lie in seizing the Temple of Ascension and the Throne of Pellentia as the capital of your new kingdom/empire? Personally, I think so, considering it was built by Turai Ossa, and since he failed to complete it, it would just be adding insult to injury to rebuild it to Joko's liking, or even simply to finish it and reside it.

So, really, Palawa might actually be on the front lines, depending on just how far Malchor's forces go.

Edit: Post-Note: Yes, I do realize that Malchor's territory is a bit further eastward here than it was in my last little outlook of the dragon's territory. My habits may be, by the very nature of the term habit, be consistent, but my thoughts are in a constant state of fluctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment